Whats is the part on this picture?

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
Its a twin supercharged lightning. Im trying to figure out what this little part in the red circle does does.

Attachments

• 870169chetblower1.JPG
    870169chetblower1.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 870172chetblower3.JPG
    870172chetblower3.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 206
  • 870173chetblower4.JPG
    870173chetblower4.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 200
i agree, looks like some kind of bypass.

other than that, :eek: that looks like a cool setup! i wonder if it runs as well as it looks. where did you come across those pics?

EDIT: hmm, i thought it was home brew at first, but it looks like a paxton kit.

Hokey Smoke..........!

Vidar, what do you do for a living?LOL. That's quite a stable of cars you have there! From the little picture your Mav. looks awsome, congratulations on the win!!! Frank H. aka White Lightning.

Thanx for the replies guys....the kit is a novi2000 kit...i do believe its by PAXTON superchargers. With all this whipple, Auto rotor and M112 projects going around im looking into my own little set up :D . Obviously im in the beginning research stages. I came across these pictures by doing a google search. It came from a post from a lightning website.

Now, from the pictures what is teh bypass valve supposed to do? Im thinking that it closes the air gate pulling non-compressed air when the centrifual supercharger gets to certain psi. Not 100% certain tho. Oh, and Vidar..thast a nice set of cars man!

Back