Quick motor mount question

birdofprey

In the next month or so im looking to buy some midlength headers and downtubes and then getting a custom exhaust done. So I'm thinking I should get the motor mounts done before I do this because it will probably change the way everything sits. And im pretty sure i need new motor mounts because my oil filter is a pain to get out.

Another question does anybody have a rough idea how long it takes to change the motor mount? Anything i should know. And where is the best place to buy them?

birdofprey said:
In the next month or so im looking to buy some midlength headers and downtubes and then getting a custom exhaust done. So I'm thinking I should get the motor mounts done before I do this because it will probably change the way everything sits. And im pretty sure i need new motor mounts because my oil filter is a pain to get out.

Another question does anybody have a rough idea how long it takes to change the motor mount? Anything i should know. And where is the best place to buy them?

I think it's 5 or 6 hours all told. I bought them here, posted in the Want To Buy section, $60 shipped. I think they're $90 without shipping from SCP?

It doesn't take long to do them once you have done them before. I have done them three times so far and its not to bad. Just alot of stuff has to come off first. Make sure you have an impact wrench and a power steering pump pulley puller.

Shane

Back