What goes here?

Thunderbird84

This has been driving me nuts... I've got a '90 SC, and I was putting in a new coolant overflow tank and I noticed this (see picture) with a broken 90º elbow in it. So my question is, what goes there? I didn't see any hoses flopping around when the engine went in.

Thanks,

Bob

Attachments

• DSC00092.jpg
    DSC00092.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 78
That 90 deg elbow connects to the fresh air hose that runs to the drivers side valve cover. Part of the PCV system. Important to hook that back up because otherwise you have unmetered air getting in. If you don't see the hose, just check on the valve cover and follow it from there.

Rob Noth said:
That 90 deg elbow connects to the fresh air hose that runs to the drivers side valve cover. Part of the PCV system. Important to hook that back up because otherwise you have unmetered air getting in. If you don't see the hose, just check on the valve cover and follow it from there.

And you will have unfiltered air getting in through this elbow and through the fresh air hose to the valve cover.

Bob
Here are a couple pics that might help. Like said above the hose comes from the other side of the engine. If still the stock hose it should be a thick wall type.
The red circle is the hose you are looking for.
The yellow circle is where it goes.

Hope this helps
Later
Denny

Attachments

• PICT0028_pcv circle.JPG
    PICT0028_pcv circle.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 89
  • PICT0018_hose.JPG
    PICT0018_hose.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 105
dbd said:
Bob
Here are a couple pics that might help. Like said above the hose comes from the other side of the engine. If still the stock hose it should be a thick wall type.
The red circle is the hose you are looking for.
The yellow circle is where it goes.

Hope this helps
Later
Denny

Thanks all, I'll check for that hose in the morning.

Back