Bill Evanoff - Super Coupe Performance

BobGPz

Thank you Bill Evanoff at www.supercoupeperformance.com !

I received my Gasket Kit, Bolts, and Plugs today (Friday) in record time! More importantly, I received them before the weekend begins which will allow me to start on my head gasket repair first thing this weekend instead of the middle of the week.

SCP has always came through for me in a time crunch. Thumbs Up Bill!

Bill's at the shootout this weekend. I tried to call him this afternoon & got a message saying where he is. I need to talk to him about a chip for my daughter's Focus. Not to enhance performance, though. She got a ticket the other day doing 87 in a 55. Reckless driving. I think I want to get a chip that sets the max speed to 65mph.

ROFL... ok, it really isn't that funny, kinda sucks. I almost got one of those for doing 86 in a 75 on the motorcycle (he wrote it for 85 so it was just a run of the mill ticket). I'm curious, was the cop being a jerk and thus wrote her for her actually speed, or was she actually going faster??

She's 18, & has only had her license for about 3 months. She tells me she just wasn't paying attention to how fast she was going. I've noticed when riding with her that she seems to have a lead foot in some places. She drives faster than I would, I know that. And I'm not normally known for always obeying speed limits! But she doesn't have the experience to know where to look for cops. Where she got nabbed on I-64 out here in Chesapeake was just stupid. They sit there ALL the time. Especially after midnight on a Friday night! And the cops out here are jerks. But at that time of night they're looking for drunks, & she's flying along at 87mph. Hell, I'd have pulled her over too.

She's lucky she isn't in Iowa-they put your license under suspension for a year for that kind of speed-violate again within the year and kiss it goodbye for 5 years.

I'm not sure what she'll get out here, but she's getting a lawyer. Hopefully that'll get the speed dropped below the reckless driving point. Regardless, it's all going to come out of HER pockets. It's just that her pockets aren't all that deep.

Mcate, if my daughter was going that fast, I'd EXPECT a cop to pull her over and give her a ticket. At 16, you are right, we are inexperienced to drive a car, we think we are invincable and nothing can hurt us. We had two girls here in the NW going to the coast to celebrate their 18th birthdays and they were doing 90 - 100 mph, when they lost control and were killed. Their air bags and seat belts were not enough. They had been driving for two years. That kinda thing happens so often, thus why the "Strange Laws" that a lot of states have, like Iowa. I'd rather my kid got a $10000000000 ticket than loose her life at a young age.
I'd want to know if my child was doing 30+mph over the speed limit no matter where or what time of the day. All you that don't understand this must not have kids. Of course I would NOT want her know some of the things I have pulled on my GPz when late for work. :eek: :eek: :D Man have I been lucky to live this long!

I think that experience is a good thing in a car and it is important. Once you get 20,000 miles behind you on challenging roads it is also important to learning where and when to open the car up.... When I was 19 I always made sure to get my Cyclone up over 100 at every 1000 mile mark. Just to make sure it would do it. But that was in Eastern Wa. on deserted country roads where you could make a pass through to make sure it was all clear and then blast back the other way. Certainly not safe but it keeps your driving record a little cleaner......

Last edited:
mcate said:
But she doesn't have the experience to know where to look for cops.
Dude.. if that's your understanding of why speeding on the streets is bad, you have wayyyyy missed the point. That lack of experience is what gets people killed dead!.. not sort of dead, but dead dead. If a speeding ticket gets your attention and you learn what its all about, it might save your life someday, and even better, you might save someone elses life by not killing them either.. that's a fantastic return on investment IMO. :cool:

Yes young girls are typically not that great behind the wheel, and people discrimiate against the boys...

Anyways I remember a few weeks ago being in an intersection and waiting to turn left at a light and I honked at this girl in a beater cav to go because there was no traffic, the light was going to turn and she was staring into never never land. She actually fingered me.

Now I'm not a small guy @ 235#s, I'm 30 and when wearing my sunglasses I've been described as looking mean (but I'm not). I tailed her through the intersection right on her bumper, I don't know what she was thinking in the intersection but she smartened right up after she realized I didn't appreciate the gesture, she smartly moved over to the other lane and backed off. Now I wouldn't have done anything but it would appear that a typical 16-17 year old girl lacks the judgement and reasoning a boy of the same age does. If that girl had flipped off the wrong guy, some weirdo who doesn't take crap from women something could have really gone wrong there, I've read stories in the paper a while back about the same thing, some chick in her late 20's flips off some guy and he follows her home and goes after her in the parking lot. Thankfully she got back into her car and locked the doors but hey, that stuff happens.

Gotta pay attention and make those judgement calls.

What I meant by "having the experience to know where to look for cops" was not worded very well, I'm afraid. Sorry for the misconception. In my opinion, on the open highway you can usually safely get away with 65-70 in a 55 zone. But the speed she was traveling gets people killed. I'm GLAD they pulled her over, & I hope she pays out the hind end for it & learns a lesson. And I'd really like the judge to come up with something creative to put a scare into my daughter, & wake her up before someone gets hurt or killed.

mcate said:
What I meant by "having the experience to know where to look for cops" was not worded very well, I'm afraid.
I don't think you need to apologize for that statement. Someone who knows where to look for cops probably has considerable experience behind the wheel. In addition, being on the lookout for cops makes the driver more alert and aware of his/her surroundings unlike the numerous zombies that one sees daily on the road.

Back