pressure building in engine

blackbird74

A few days ago my sc started blowing oil. I don't know where it's coming from.What I noticed is that now I have pressure building in the engine.When I take off the oil fill cap while the car is running it releases pressure.Not exactly sure what's going on.I have installed a new pcv valve,but it didn't help.It also pushes oil out of the dipstick.Has any of you had this problem?Any suggestions and help would be great. [black895speed]

Mine was doing the same

Are u seeing and exhaust/blowby coming out of your dipstick shaft, oil filler neck or pcv valves? Cuz mine was doing this. When i got my engine out and apart i found 3 cracked pistons. :eek: I'm no expert on the subject but wouldnt that be a sign of a worn or damaged ring/s???

Hope i'm wrong!
CeD

I hope you're wrong but I don't think so. My '92 had the same symptoms. It started with what I thought was a gauge problem. The oil pressure gauge would show a loss of pressure at idle when the car was warm (but fine cold or while moving). I changed the sender but it didn't solve the problem. Then came the oil leak; a small drip at first but gradually it got worse (1 litre / day in the end). At first it was an unexplanable wet brake reservoir, I knew it was motor oil but I couldn't figure out where from. I later found out that my oilpan was pressurized and blowing out through the dipstick onto the brakelines. Then came the rattle. When I heard that I knew it was time to pull the puppy. I found that the rings were toast, there were two cracked pistons, two cracked heads and my main bearings didn't exist anymore. I would recommend that you check into this as soon as possible. Remove your PCV valve and look for blow-by smoke coming from the crankcase (that'll tell you that there is a ring problem. Maybe you can catch it before it costs you the block.

Good luck,
Marty:( :( :(

pressure building

I had a VW rabbit, and all of the sudden it started running like crap, oil blowing out every where. i thought that i blew it up.
but the problem turned out to be a clogged cat. converter. i had heard sort of a rolling around sound for a couple weeks and couldn't figure where it was coming from. The inside of the cat had broken away and formed a little ball that was rolling around
inside, and blocked the exhaust from exiting, so it was trying to get out everywhere else. who know's maybe?
good luck

Back