low boost

kw92stock

I have a stock 92, just replaced the motor and can't get any more than 8psi from the blower Ive pressurized the whole system with a compressor to 18psi and found and fixed a lot of vacuum leaks but none in the normally pressurized areas of the system. Any suggestions? Also I didn't check the intake assuming that because the vacuum is good it probably is upstream of the manifold. Any advice on where it losing boost would be greatly appreciated

Did you do any other work to the motor to the heads, exhaust system and etc? What you are experiencing may be normal because you increased the efficiency of the heads or etc...

i left it all stock except for the air silencer and one muffler was missing when I bought it and still is

Low boost

Your factory boost guage may not be reading correctly

I had a 91 SC a long time ago It only pulled 9lbs on the factory boost guage that I pulled the cluster out and put in another one and now it got 12lbs of boost according to the guage

The factory boost gauge isnt very accurate

Last edited:
any way to test the factory boost guage for accuracy I have a customized dash that is extremely hard to pull

Get an aftermarket guage

Get an aftermarket guage and hook it up
tap into where factory boost guage reads from

Then just run it up the cowl and put it under your windshield wiper or tape it to the back of your hood

(Just for testing of course)

You could check with the local bone yards and see if any of them has a cluster or buy a cluster off e-bay and swap boost guages. I had to do that to my 95 SC because the boost gauge on it was broken.

Back