Jackshaft pulley bracket

Dahoopd

Started to rain so I couldn't get finished. Do I need to pull the jackshaft pulley to get the bracket off on the passenger side. I tried a swivel. Nothing fits inside of there. I cracked two knuckles open trying it with an open end and no gloves. Retard needs a helmet and advise. Thanks

No it does not need to come off, or atleast I dont remember taking it off when I did my motor mounts.

Shane

Dahoopd said:
Started to rain so I couldn't get finished. Do I need to pull the jackshaft pulley to get the bracket off on the passenger side. I tried a swivel. Nothing fits inside of there. I cracked two knuckles open trying it with an open end and no gloves. Retard needs a helmet and advise. Thanks
Easiest thing to do is leave the belt(s) on and wedge a wood block etc in between the belt & pulley to hold the pulley still and then loosen the pulley bolts. Then take the belts off and pull the bolts on out and remove the pulley.

If you're at the point of not havin' the belts still on, just use a back-up wrench on one bolt and break one of the others loose with another wrench. Sooner or later you'll be down to one tight bolt and 3 loose ones. Go ahead and do the same procedure again with that one tight bolt, the others will hold good enuff to loosen it and they will also be much easier to get out because by now you've already done the initial break on them. In other words, the other 3 will be somewhat snug but much more manageable now.

still rainin'?

'bird

Back