SC Guru's, name this connector

cowtown

OK, while digging around in my trunk figuring out stereo wiring I came across this plug that is in the attached pic. Anyone know what it is for? It comes through the same point as the ARC wiring. I checked and it has 12.5v with the car off and of course 14.5ish when the car is running so it's live. Any ideas?

I thought (wishfully) maybe something for the adaptive power steering (as I have very little at low speeds) but I can't find anywhere where this may plug in.

mysteryplug.JPG

cowtown said:
OK, while digging around in my trunk figuring out stereo wiring I came across this plug that is in the attached pic. Anyone know what it is for? It comes through the same point as the ARC wiring. I checked and it has 12.5v with the car off and of course 14.5ish when the car is running so it's live. Any ideas?

I thought (wishfully) maybe something for the adaptive power steering (as I have very little at low speeds) but I can't find anywhere where this may plug in.

mysteryplug.JPG
This is on the right side right? I believe that is the plug to connect the JBL woofer too. All had the wiring there but not all had the JBL option though.

Not positive... But I'm pretty sure about that.

Jeff B.

Jeff Bratton said:
This is on the right side right? I believe that is the plug to connect the JBL woofer too. All had the wiring there but not all had the JBL option though.

Not positive... But I'm pretty sure about that.

Jeff B.
I second that. The 12v wire is yellow and the other one could be red or black-light green depending on the model year.

Yeah it's red & black and another black I think. Cool, thanks guys, the trunk wiring is a mess in this car so I'm trying to figure out what's what.

Back