Anyone install a VMM on a SC that did not come with one?

did u check for an extra wiring harness with a clip int he radio compartment, pop off the cover and look for one if u didnt, i believe mine has an extra harness and u should be able to just plug it in..i think :) Alex L

The wiring diagrams show the VMM wires with dotted lines meaning that the wires and connector were optional. The dotted lines run to 5 or 6 different connectors/cable bundles in the car. So your best bet would be to search for the plug above or behind the radio. I personally wouldn't go to the trouble of wiring a VMM as, from my experience, they have been unreliable. I keep three spares just in case.

*bumP*

has any actually done this all the way or it it just not worth it....???

does any one know how to just make it turn on and say all good just for looks????? i know that most sensors work off volatages???

I do know that my old 93 LX had the harness under the hood for the coolant tank sensor, and oil pan sensor, but didnt have the one under the dash for the VMM itself. Strange stuff. I also know that without a tach signal, the oil change portion will flat turn off. I dont know how you would reliably clone a tach signal, that would be way too much trouble.

I am not trying to put something in that was not there to begin with. I just don't know if a owner at some point took it off because it stopped working. My car also does not have the antenna switch.

my 93 lx had the harness in there I just put a vmm in there. I don't know if that helps you though. pull the radio and see if there is a harness in there for it if there is it's plug and go

Vmm?

The 89 I just bought has a VMM but it has been blocked off and was sitting behind the stock stereo hidden and the block off peice was there? Anyone ever see that setup?The VMM is hooked also and works but hidden! weird right?

Back