Shootout 2004 Pics

BlckOnBlckBrd

Here are a couple of the pictures I got at the shootout.

Attachments

• SCShootout2004_004.jpg
    SCShootout2004_004.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 293
  • SCShootout2004_009.jpg
    SCShootout2004_009.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 305
  • SCShootout2004_010.jpg
    SCShootout2004_010.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 475
  • SCShootout2004_022.jpg
    SCShootout2004_022.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 381
  • SCShootout2004_024.jpg
    SCShootout2004_024.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 340
A couple more.

Tony Serno and Dave Neibert finding a vacuum leak on Fast Ed's car.

Attachments

• SCShootout2004_035.jpg
    SCShootout2004_035.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 300
  • SCShootout2004_036.jpg
    SCShootout2004_036.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 305
  • SCShootout2004_037.jpg
    SCShootout2004_037.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 252
  • SCShootout2004_038.jpg
    SCShootout2004_038.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 359
  • SCShootout2004_039.jpg
    SCShootout2004_039.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 348
And some more.

The Dyno day and the Ontario group.

Attachments

• SCShootout2004_042.jpg
    SCShootout2004_042.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 278
  • SCShootout2004_051.jpg
    SCShootout2004_051.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 282
Nice, it looks like you took pic #3 just as we were pulling in in the Lightning. I wish I had taken more pics, I got home and looked at the camera and saw that I only took 3! I'll see if I can get them up in a few minutes.

Whatta Race!

two_tens.jpg

Well damn! I only got three pics, and John has a better quality duplicate of one of them!

So here are my two;

XR7Dave explaining why Micah can't run his Cub Cadet, and Stan blow-drying the track.

Attachments

• meeting.JPG
    meeting.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 278
  • torch.jpg
    torch.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 257
Nice Pictures

"Awesome Run"

10.98et & 10.85et
Wish I was there to see it in person!
Coys car is nice well built who's the driver? great driving job.I hope to make the next meet it would be something to remember seeing so many fast cars in one place and a track never ran at and thank Coy in person for the Cogged setup and race him.who got quickest reaction times? and 60ft times?

Coy made us all look silly with a string of .50x reaction times. He had the lowest average reaction time at the meet. He ran some 1.5x 60 fts to go with it. The track was really sticky in the morning, but by afternoon it was going away somewhat.

As you can tell from the pictures Coy was running on some very large slicks. Mike Siska was running on some big BFG's and consequently had slightly slower 60 ft times.

Kevin Leitem was being slightly cautious with his launches and consequently didn't break into the 11's but he did run a higher MPH than Coy on motor. I believe Kevin ran a couple of 116mph passes (all motor).

XR7 Dave said:
Coy made us all look silly with a string of .50x reaction times. He had the lowest average reaction time at the meet. He ran some 1.5x 60 fts to go with it. The track was really sticky in the morning, but by afternoon it was going away somewhat.

As you can tell from the pictures Coy was running on some very large slicks. Mike Siska was running on some big BFG's and consequently had slightly slower 60 ft times.

Kevin Leitem was being slightly cautious with his launches and consequently didn't break into the 11's but he did run a higher MPH than Coy on motor. I believe Kevin ran a couple of 116mph passes (all motor).

Yes, Kevin ran a 116.5mph pass...I believe that was his quickest of the day. I believe if he would've used his transbrake to the full potential and had the car been a bit cooler, we'd have seen an 11 sec pass.

Anyone else got any more pics to share? I wish I would have been there on thursday and friday.

Shane

Last edited:
I am willing to host up to 15 pictures of the shoot out for a limited time offer...
XR7 Dave gets 1 (one) day to reply as he gets first grabs :)

Toms-SC said:
I am willing to host up to 15 pictures of the shoot out for a limited time offer...
XR7 Dave gets 1 (one) day to reply as he gets first grabs :)

Thanks Tom, however I was too busy running marathons around Norwalk Raceway Park to take any pictures. :D

Actually, I believe the SCCOA has already offered to host any and all pictures anyone wants to submit to scguys@sccoa.com. You can also host pictures from a free webpage account at TCCOA.

:) :) :) :) :) Darn, I wish I could of made it. It sure seems like a blast !!!!!!... Maybe next year, but a shootout in the west coast would be great, might be able to drive my car :) :) :) :) :) But I gotta make next years meet out there....

Great time at the shootout! Thanks Dave!

The picture of the Ford trucks hauling the cars is great--A lot of diehard Ford lovers!

Eric

Here is a picture of JOHN SHELTON. He flew all the way from California
and donated his time to be the official starter for the 2004 SC/XR7 Shootout.

John posted the picture of the clock showing the double 10s being broken
earlier in this thread by Mr Coy Miller & Mr Mike Siska.

This picture of John shows how sticky the track was and how well the Norwalk
track prep job was done. The whole length of the tract was sprayed with VHT.

RANDY

Attachments

• johnshelton.jpg
    johnshelton.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Kevin Leitem

Anybody have any info on Kevin Leitem's SC? I got there too late to ask him any questions about the car.

Is that your car Dave D. in the pic in the #2 post? That is the coolest engine compartment I have seen in this site. :eek: I love the black scat tube on your intake, where did you get it? I have some brite orange here at work in case you get tired of the black. I tried using some of it on my car but kept getting holes in it when I would attempt to cut the spiral wire on the inside. :rolleyes: Anyways, that engine bay has alot character, keep it up. :D

Back