drivetrain to stang?

titanium89scguy said:
can i stick my 89 motor in a foxbody stang...trans to what will i have to do

Not to burst your bubble but why do that? The foxbody 5.0s are cheap to rebuilt and to build up for lots of power plus they can take a beating, parts are everywhere and they dont have any real problems at all. :confused:

Motor should bolt right up. The SC trans will probably put the shifter way to far back. Use a 86-93 T-5 and everything should be fine.

Yes, the SC trans would put the shifter around 6-8'' back from where it should be. Also the Hydro clutch set up can be a bit of a pain to make work. If you use the 5.0 trans the shifter will line up and the cable clutch will work fine.

i have a 5.0 flywheel that i had balanced for a sc appication that would be perfect for your project (you cant use the sc flywheel with a t5 and with my flywheel its about 20lbs lighter than a sc flywheel and you can use a king cobra clutch (cheep and its really strong)

anyway pm me if interested and good luck with the project

You can use a SC flywheel with a T5 you just use a Mustang V6 bellhousing. Also that makes that flywheel you have scotte 16 pounds

You can get 3.8 mount brackets from the earlier ones. I think they had them from 83 through 86. That should help out alot. Also, the 3.8 should bolt up to the V-8 bell housing if I'm not mistaken.

BKB said:
You can use a SC flywheel with a T5 you just use a Mustang V6 bellhousing. Also that makes that flywheel you have scotte 16 pounds

you can use the sc flywheel (164t 11") with the v6 t5 bellhousing

with my flywheel you need a 5.0 t5 bellhousing as the starter loc. is slightly off (for the 10.5'' 157t flywheel) starters are the same between 157/164t

you may have to locate a 50-100 $ bellhousing

the upside is its almost as light as a alum. flywheel and you can get a really good clutch for next to nothing compared to a 11" sc clutch all because lets face it the hi-po ford world revolves around the sbf boys

Back