PDA

View Full Version : Next: Seat Problems

Grantster
10-04-2004, 12:58 AM
Maybe somebody can help me,

Have a 92 T-Bid SC, seats don't lock. Now if I know me birds this is tied into the seat belt warning buzzer system. Now for the question, Where the heck is it!! lol
But if I'm wrong please point me onto the right path so I can start testing the wiring. Tried to look for it in the Haynes Book but I can't seem to locate it. Sure is vauge on details IMOA
One last thing, the seat belt warning is disabled, no light on dash when I start it up, fuse is there in good shape. Still would like to get it going even if it isn't the problem.

Thanks in advance
Grant

huckleberry
10-06-2004, 08:03 PM
Maybe somebody can help me,

Have a 92 T-Bid SC, seats don't lock. Now if I know me birds this is tied into the seat belt warning buzzer system. Now for the question, Where the heck is it!! lol
But if I'm wrong please point me onto the right path so I can start testing the wiring. Tried to look for it in the Haynes Book but I can't seem to locate it. Sure is vauge on details IMOA
One last thing, the seat belt warning is disabled, no light on dash when I start it up, fuse is there in good shape. Still would like to get it going even if it isn't the problem.

Thanks in advance
Grant

which seats won't lock ? I don't think the front lock and the back have a pull tab to fold them down so i don't understand the question.

Paul93SC
10-11-2004, 01:25 PM
Have a 92 T-Bid SC, seats don't lock.

Yep, know what you mean... they're built that way though (weird huh?) They WILL lock up in an accident or violent stop however (they have little weights inside the seat that swing forward to lock them in place in such situations as described above).

One last thing, the seat belt warning is disabled, no light on dash when I start it up, fuse is there in good shape.

When you first turn the key to start the engine ALL the warning lamps should come on for a second or two (it's designed this way so you can check all the bulbs)... look for the seatbelt light at the bottom of the instrument cluster.

Next, check for a disconnected plug under the seat. This switch detects when the seatbelt is buckled up. FYI: the seatbelt light gets its signal from the 'warning chime module'.

Hope this helps some...

Grantster
10-12-2004, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the help, this is sure turning into a little project.. lol :confused: