Location of Lectron box (Variable Speed Steering) in 94 SC?

cowtown

Hi all, I have been searching and trying to figure out why I have no boost at low speeds (very heavy steering) at highway speeds it feels pretty good but not exactly like other SC I have driven. During my searches for info on Stereo wiring I found a post that was asking about this box in the trunk and it was that box for the Variable Speed Steering.

I thought back to my last trunk foray yesterday and realized I don't have one of those sitting there. I found what I pretty sure is the ARC controller (a silver box in the passenger side wheel wheel tucked back in there). But I cannot find this other box. In a 94 SC was the box still supposed to be with the amp under the rear deck shelf or did it move elsewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
x182dan said:
I think it should be up there next to the factory amp.

In SC's the ARC controller also does the variable steering. In MN12's without ARC there is a smaller module that only controls the steering. Both are on the shelf.

OK, thanks guys, as a follow up question, where on the power steering pump is the electrical connection to disconnect so I can test the system?

Back