Jackshaft pulley shaft

Dahoopd

Can the shaft that holds the jackshaft pulley be removed. Is it pressed in. I want to have the bracket hot tanked because it is all boogered up. I am afraid the heat from the tank will destroy the sealed bearing inside. Thanks for the help.

Can it be replaced

Can the shaft and bearings for the jackshaft be replaced or is this one of those obsolete ford has the edge parts. I really would like to hae the bracket hot tanked but, if it means I would end up getting another from the junk yard its pointless. I would spend the money to replace it just because it will be alot cleaner than the old wire brush/gunk technique. Thanks for the reply. This is one of those threads that if it isnt something someone has done or thought about, it gets no reply. I thought about beating the shaft out wth a dowel but was afraid it may be useless.

Dahoopd said:
Can the shaft and bearings for the jackshaft be replaced or is this one of those obsolete ford has the edge parts. I really would like to hae the bracket hot tanked but, if it means I would end up getting another from the junk yard its pointless. I would spend the money to replace it just because it will be alot cleaner than the old wire brush/gunk technique. Thanks for the reply. This is one of those threads that if it isnt something someone has done or thought about, it gets no reply. I thought about beating the shaft out wth a dowel but was afraid it may be useless.
I pressed one out before and was gonna source a new one but hid the dang thing from myself (imagine that). I can press another, get the number off of it and shake a few trees to see who has 'em on the shelf.

'bird

Back