need some thoughts...

ThePikey

Ok... been here before and now ive hit a really good one. when i bought my 90 SC back in Feb the car had no heat.. but since it wasnt all that cold and spent a month in the tranny shop (long story) it didnt bother me. anyway, i dropped the car off at the local radiator shop this morning to find out why i have not had any heat. Orginallly i thought the Heater Core was going out, but had none of the symptons. So after the guy had the car for about an hour he calls to tell me why I have no heat... THE HEATER CORE WASNT EVEN HOOKED UP!!! someone pulled the hoses off the core and the pipes on the engine and capped the pipes off.

now what im looking for are some reasons why someone would go through the hassle to do that????? besides the obvious that the heater core was out and he didnt tell me

ps. the car came from Florida and now resides in St. Louis, MO

Maybe it was an El Cheapo' way to fix a leaking heater core, or someone couldn't reach the heater hoses?. Hook it back up and see if it leaks. Is the carpet under the heater core bad? Smell like antifreeze? If so then maybe the core was bad and by hooking it back up will just cause it to leak again. I hear they are NOT fun to replace.

That is a cheap way around fixing the leaking heater core. You can just by-pass it altogether if you don't need the heat. I did that for a summer on my Mustang because it was too much of a PITA to fix just like the SC.

BOb

Back