Ok newest stereo question - getting aftermarket deck how to hook up to stock JBL?

Matt94GT

Im getting a aftermarket deck more then likely now since my stock cd player is toast.

Im going to want to still run my JBL stereo (amps, speakers) is this at all possible? I dont want to buy new speakers, Im just drivin this car for a few months and need some basic tunes.

I've put in many cd players before. Im just confuised because iv never seen a cd player and radio seperate like they are in my 90SC nor have i ever worked with stock amplifiers, do i just scrap the cd player and get a adapter harness for my new deck then plug that into the stock radio harness? and the amps and stock stereo/speakers will all work?

Generally does the stock jbl amps use RCAs to connect to the stock headunit? will I have to find a deck with 2 sets of RCA outputs?

THANKS!
:D

Last edited:
I would just buy a cheap cd changer. Then all you have to do is find power, ground, and hook it up through your antennaon the back of your stock deck.

Nevermind. I just read your other post and see that the stock cd player is what's causing the problem.

Piece of Cake, I just did what you are trying to do...

In order to use existing JBL integrated system without rewiring the whole car, and abandoning the existing amps and subwoofer amp in the trunck. Get a Scoshe box, and factory connectors, than you can use any new deck with existing amps and speakers with no rewiring. There are no RCA jacks or plugs in the T-bird JBL system, you need the factory type connectors. go to this web page http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cgAgNN...g=751&I=142C4FDK5&o=p&a=1&cc=01&avf=Y&search= Good luck.

^what he said. except the scosche thing has gain adjustment built in. not really necessary. you can get the same thing w/o the gain adjustment for like 15-20 bucks.
you just plug it in. and if i recall, from when i did mine a few years ago, it came with a set of wires that were not needed. but, that may have been because i was bypassing the sub. can't remember. but most stereo shops will prob know.

Just go to the stereo store, buy a harness, make sure that you get the one for the premium sound, and hook it up. Be sure that you connect the remote wire as well or your amp will not turn on.

bustedbird said:
Just go to the stereo store, buy a harness, make sure that you get the one for the premium sound, and hook it up. Be sure that you connect the remote wire as well or your amp will not turn on.

the only problem with that is that you will burn the outputs out on the new radio.....definetly use the part from crutchfield or if your in michigan come to my work and i will sell it to you cheap :D

Huh?

I have been told by a couple of the local shops that they would have to rewire to get it all to work.

I had 90 with the premium sound and that was a snap, but with the JBL system in my 35th it didn't work so hot. Same connector kit and ... NO SUB output.:confused:

debo92sc said:
ur trying to get the factory sub to work???

Yeah, would still like to have the factory speakers working with the after market deck. Sub included.

Is that really possible without major rewiring?

part number please :D . i need one for my car to. i took the stock deck out and would liek to fill the whole with a stereo and use everything that was left in the car. amp and speakers hopefully work

Back