intake port mismatch

mannysc

I have had the unique experiance of seeing the ports while intake is bolted to heads,,,,,, with lower manifolds bolted on.... manifold cut away for inverted and on all six manifolds there is a big mismatch,,,,, on the single runners of manifold the two side by side are ok .....just need port match but the two single runners are way off..... one i have to weld in and re port its almost 1/8 inch off,, they are the front driverside and rear pass side

Last edited:
Yes Manny I know what your talking about. You should have seen the casting flash that Ford left in 2 of my intake port bowls! Picture this, take a golf ball and cut about 1/3rd of it off now place it in the bowl beside the valve guide and against the outer wall of the bowl. The quallity control sucked horrendously on this engine! I cannot wait to see my engine run after fixing all the machining flaws, and they were many! I know that in the manufacturing world they have production tolerences, but there is NO EXCUSE for a lot of the things I had to fix!

manny,

i was wondering on the status of your inverted blower set up. are you going to be selling it? will it work on the 94/95 supercharger....or don't you have the plenum set up for the new style supercharger yet? how is the power? did it add alot. how much you gonna sell it for if you do?

........email me in private if you want.

jmpsu@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Jeff

Back