Cryo2 setup ?'s and also intercooler pipe material?

SCMakeiv

Hey guys, i am recieving a 5% pulley in the mail any time this weekend and was brought to the attention of Cryo2. I can get it out of a parts retailer here for a really good price, so im seriously thinking about getting it. If i do get it i will buy it and install it this week and also hopefully install the new pulley too, as this weekend is the street legal drags event. Anyways, looking for a review of the product, and also wanting to know what the intercooler pipes are made of and would it be possible to drill into and mount the injector in the top intercooler pipe? The drag event im goin to is on an actual street, therefore its only 8th mile, and single car races...but its better than nothing, and a good way to introduce the ol' cryo2 system to the honda boys around here. Another question, the event groups are catagorized as heavy 8, light 8, heavy 6, light 6, and so on...my question is what other cars are goin to be in my heavy 6 group? i know the stangs, and camaros if there are any 6's...anyothers to worry about? im hoping to have an intercooler fan, a 5% sc pulley, full custom 2.25 hi flow exhaust, cryo2 system, cai. The weather has been quite cool lately and i hope it is on sunday too, if i can get traction and a decent launch im hoping to hit the 15.0 qr mile mark, but by looking at other peoples mods to time it doesnt look like its gonna happen yet. any advice for the drags? its my first event. ok thank you very much guys, i will update to let you know what goes on. Brett

www.cardomain.com/id/scmakeiv 93 aod.

SCMakeiv said:
Hey guys, i am recieving a 5% pulley in the mail any time this weekend and was brought to the attention of Cryo2. I can get it out of a parts retailer here for a really good price, so im seriously thinking about getting it. If i do get it i will buy it and install it this week and also hopefully install the new pulley too, as this weekend is the street legal drags event. Anyways, looking for a review of the product, and also wanting to know what the intercooler pipes are made of and would it be possible to drill into and mount the injector in the top intercooler pipe? The drag event im goin to is on an actual street, therefore its only 8th mile, and single car races...but its better than nothing, and a good way to introduce the ol' cryo2 system to the honda boys around here. Another question, the event groups are catagorized as heavy 8, light 8, heavy 6, light 6, and so on...my question is what other cars are goin to be in my heavy 6 group? i know the stangs, and camaros if there are any 6's...anyothers to worry about? im hoping to have an intercooler fan, a 5% sc pulley, full custom 2.25 hi flow exhaust, cryo2 system, cai. The weather has been quite cool lately and i hope it is on sunday too, if i can get traction and a decent launch im hoping to hit the 15.0 qr mile mark, but by looking at other peoples mods to time it doesnt look like its gonna happen yet. any advice for the drags? its my first event. ok thank you very much guys, i will update to let you know what goes on. Brett

www.cardomain.com/id/scmakeiv 93 aod.

the cyro2 system by design engineering is a really good kit, i have mine on order right now as well, with a dual purge kit, the only thing that doesnt come with the kit is the sprayer itself i think

The only cars I'd be worried about are the TWIN turbo Mitsu 3000GT, theyre a mid 13's car any day. The Nissan 350Z were a twin turbo V6 too, they ran from low 14's to high 13's as well. check out this site, its got alot of factory times for a lot of cars. http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html
As far as the intercooler piping, its all cast aluminum, about 1'4" thick-- Good to drill into for jets and what not.

G/L! -Adam

Last edited:
The cryo2 kits are with CO2 correct? You talked about drilling into the IC tube to put an injector in, but what are you planning on injecting into the pipe? Let me know

re:

the cryo2 system can be used for direct spray on to your intercooler, and inside pipes to give the pipes a freezing effect, which will cool the on coming air, but you do have to watch for heating expansion, and shrinkin of pipes and parts, they might start to crack overtime

birdofprey said:
The cryo2 kits are with CO2 correct? You talked about drilling into the IC tube to put an injector in, but what are you planning on injecting into the pipe? Let me know

yes, its a C02 mixture that is stored in a nos style bottle and is injected apon request to your intake, intercooler, and fuel rail. The spray of the C02 is very cold apon release and freezes the air, with our supercharger system it is a big :D .

Last edited:
Re: ...

Would the Cry02 for the intercooler work along with the 800cfm fan? I'm thinking maybe the fan might pull the cryo2 through too fast. or maybe I should do the tube instead?

How much is the set up?

JOE91SC said:
Would the Cry02 for the intercooler work along with the 800cfm fan? I'm thinking maybe the fan might pull the cryo2 through too fast. or maybe I should do the tube instead?

How much is the set up?

hey Joe the system at lordco is on for super cheap rite now and you have a chose of the 5lbs or 10lbs bottle, its in their performance flyer of this month, comes with a free dual prudge kit as well

Re: ...

ARV90SC said:
hey Joe the system at lordco is on for super cheap rite now and you have a chose of the 5lbs or 10lbs bottle, its in their performance flyer of this month, comes with a free dual prudge kit as well

Thanx for the info. ARV. I'm gonna have to check it out. :)

Now I know why it would help spraying it on the intercooler. But i guess what i was talking about was actually spraying the CO2 into the intercooler pipe, where the CO2 would then get into the combustion chambers. But you cannot run CO2 through your engine due to the fact that you will lose a lot of horsepower because CO2 is an oxygen suppressing gas. That is why it is used in fire extingushers.

Are you guys serious, injecting CO2 into the intake? :D Time to do a little more research on that product - the CRYO2 system can spray the outside of the intercooler, or cool the fuel, or they have a funky "cooling bulb" thing that sits in a 4" pipe and gets put in the intake tube. But it's not for directly injecting CO2 into the intercooler pipes, not that you'd probably want to do that anyway.

But it should be easy enough to install the IC sprayer on our cars, and it probably won't damage anything. I've made lots of runs using dry ice to cool the IC to the point that it has a coating of frost (dry ice is -109degF), and so far it hasn't cracked...

Back