Bypassing coolant through throttle body...?

Bigme574

[B]Another not so COOLing question.[/B]

My radiator fan operates when I push the AC button...great, it also operates when the car gets to the point where the high speed fan is needed (not so great) However, it does not seem to work on low speed!!! What can I do. Is it my IRCM is it a burnt fusable link? The low speed works fine when hooked up to 12V. I actually have a thermostatically controlled relay switch that turns the fan on whenever wherever inconsistently and I dont want my battery to die. Any ideas anyone??? Also, I will be bypassing my coolant line through my throttle body...is it wise? Seems like it would lower air temps to me.

89 SC 5speed (new t-stat/radiator/water pump/hoses)

Last edited:
Aaron -you can go ahead and by-pass it. It was only installed on the very early models; so I assume you have an '89 or 90 SC. If you upgrade to a bigger throttle body, like the 70mm BBK, then you'll have to by-pass it anyway, as the aftermarket TB's don't have that coolant passage.

thanks

Thanks for the info, I had a 91 without the coolant line, and I do have an 89. It will be much easier for me to remove the TB once I bypass the line. As for the cooling fan question someone please help so I dont waste more money on 'troubleshooting parts'.

Aaron

It sounds more like the IRCM. If the fusible link was shot, then all power would be off to the fan on the early models.

Thanks

Thanks for the tip...now I just have to find an early model WORKING IRCM!

Aaron...if you know where I can get one let me know!

Back