WTB M5R2 Rebuild Kit

LXSC

I'm looking for a rebuild kit for an M5R2. All the various sychros, blockers, etc. that you would find in a tranny rebuild kit so let me know what you've got and for how much. Thanks

southern gear

call southern gear up-theyll have everything-nice people too. thats where i get all my parts. Mike

The Southern Gear kit is almost complete. I purchased it myself and the blocking rings (brass F150). The only additional parts you will need are the two nuts The Output Shaft Nut and Countershaft Nut.

Once the transmission is apart you will have to inspect every part for signs of wear. My Countershaft Reverse gear was damaged as was the slider ring. Once you identify any and all parts needed go ahead and order it all at once.

Once you start asessembling the trans back together you need to check the endplay for several areas like the mainshaft and countershaft just to name two. You will not know if you have to order different or replacement washers and shims until you check the tolerances. I have a thread started.

F150 Blocking Rings

I also have the M5R2 chapter from the Ford Shop manual on Adobe PDF format.

M5R2 Transmission Reference

If you attempt to do it yourself you will need a few special tools. Arbor Press, Bearing Seperator, to name two of them.

All total with parts and tools your first rebuild will cost around $500 with parts and tools. With ordering parts and tools it has taken me two weeks to get the trans back together. Next time it will take me lass than a few days since I know which parts to order now.

Good Luck

Rich

LXSC said:
I'm looking for a rebuild kit for an M5R2. All the various sychros, blockers, etc. that you would find in a tranny rebuild kit so let me know what you've got and for how much. Thanks

Back