Cant stop blowing FUSE!!!! What to do?

Bigme574

My interior light fuse (very very useful in the DARK) keeps blowing! I do not understand why. Is it a grounding problem? It will work for about a little while, maybe even a day or so...then BAM no lights. Could something be drawing off of that line causing this...I.E. stereo oddly wired??? help very welcomed!

Aaron

Bigme574 said:
My interior light fuse (very very useful in the DARK) keeps blowing! I do not understand why. Is it a grounding problem? It will work for about a little while, maybe even a day or so...then BAM no lights. Could something be drawing off of that line causing this...I.E. stereo oddly wired??? help very welcomed!

Aaron
your power door locks are wired into the same fuse (at least they are on my 95) so you have a lot of places to look. But I would start by taking the cover off of your dome light and checking out the screws that mount it to the roof. Those screws are what the current passes through to power your light, maybe something has shorted them. If they look fine then take them out and drop your dome light, there are 2 wires with little fittings on the end for the dome light screws to screw into, if the screws are going all the way through them and touching the roof then it will cause a short also (and probably would only do it every so often ike when you hit a bump or something). I hope this helps, but keep in mind all of this pertains to a late model so I dont know if the earlies are the same.
Dan

As Bleed_Ford_Blue said, you have a lot of places to look. There are around 13 courtesy lamps, the lluminated Entry Timer, and the Keyless Entry Module wired to that fuse. It could be something as simple as frayed insulation in the wire that goes through the metal sun visor hinge. I think that your best bet is to first suspect any modifications that have been done. For example, if the radio has been rewired, then don't use it for a couple of days and see if the fuse blows.

Back