TPS and MAF Problems

Callmewhitexr7

I checked the voltage on my tps and it was at .18 so i got a new one and it actually went down to .13. I also checked my MAF and on A it had 13.5 B wasn't even 1 and between c and D and .21 . What can cause this?

NICK

Not sure about the maf, but the TPS sensor needs to "mate" properly to the tb where it attaches. You need to turn it slightly when attaching so the mechanism has tension on it while at rest. If you attache it straight on, the mechanism will not engage properly with the throttle plate.

Try reattaching it so that spring inside the tps has that lttile bit of tension, and that should give you the correct voltage at rest (idle).

Nick - are you sure you are checking them correctly. See the test proceedure on the TCCOA site for your TPS and set it around 0.9v or just below. You normally only have this problem when you first install an aftermarket throttle body and then reinstall your old TPS. Sometimes you have to ovalize the bolt hole sleeves in the TPS body to be able to rotate it a little, in order to get it right. The MAF is not adjustable unless you have the Pro-M Optimizer. I believe at idle it's supposed to be just below 1.0v and around 5v+ at WOT. Anyways why would you be concerned unless you are getting 'check engine light' codes that say you are out of range?

I think we can help you a little more if we know what your actual problem is !!!!

Back