Vernon ......

v8killr

I've been reading your thread on boost leaks and had a question for ya.
In your article you wrote:

(Most of the time boost pressure leaks from the ends of old vacuum hoses that have gotten soft and swollen. Check the 3/8” hose connecting the intake plenum in the back, if it's easily pulled off by hand it positively leaks at 15 PSI. Under vacuum leaking fittings can pull together and seal up so it runs fine. Don’t be pacified by normal boost readings, even with some leakage the supercharger can maintain 15 PSI because the engine and some small leaks are still within the superchargers flow capabilities. Look at your tailpipes and the area around their exits; is there a heavy soot coating? My advice to you if you see excessive black soot in the rearview mirror at WOT (especially at night with someone’s headlights right behind you), soot build up around the tailpipe exits, and loose fitting vacuum lines is to take an hour to search for and eliminate any possible leaks.)

I pulled that main hose off the back of the supercharger with my hand even though it was on there pretty tight.Now does that mean that the hose should be replaced?I have been seeing the black smoke you described but only when i'm deep into the pedal.I probably need to replace all the vac hoses but i'm have a damn hard time finding stupid vac lines in bulk.I'm going to try the spray bottle trick this weekend and see what happens.
Thanks for any info.
BTW that is a very good article.
Thanks Dave

Back