Inspection...

Thunderbird84

I'm kinda depressed because my SC didn't pass inspection. I found out that the gas tank is leaking somewhere on the top, parts of one of the upper control arms are worn and need replacing, and someone hollowed out the cat, so it didn't pass emissions. And to top it off, my blower started to rattle pretty bad, so I'm going to try a new snout seal and a coupler. Anyway, here are the numbers from the emissions test:

CO Limit: 1.10 Test Value: 0.53 Pass
HC Limit: 275 Test Value: 106 Pass
NO Limit: 3600 Test Value: 5570 Fail

Hopefully my car will be legal/fixed by the middle of the month... On a lighter note, I did get to drive it for the first time last week after we fixed the brakes. It's a completely different animal now. It's quite a step up from a 93 Olds Cutlass Supreme, while it has some zip to it, but it can't push you into the seat like the Thunderbird.

End of rant -

Bob

EDIT: minor spelling/grammar issues fixed

I would fix the gas tank, control arm, and cats before working on the SC, and in that order. Cause if it catches fire the rest won't matter. Good luck

vancouverBC said:
I would fix the gas tank, control arm, and cats before working on the SC, and in that order. Cause if it catches fire the rest won't matter. Good luck

I'm leaving the gas tank to the shop, and the control arm being done tomorrow. It only has a single cat, the other two have been removed by whoever did the exhaust before. I guess the SC will be last, because I have to wait for the parts to come in. :D

Back