geting code 91 and 41

Jason Wild

This is what both codes mean. Code#41...Fuel Injectors Out OF Balance/EGO sensor Voltage Low(but code book refered both to a 5.0)

Can anyone tell me what this code means?

Code 41 EGO/HEGO circuit shows system lean (right side HEGO)

Code 91 engine running code = HEGO sensor circuit shows system lean (left side HEGO)

Code 91 if stored memory code = No HEGO switching sensed (left side HEGO)

Read your codes from MN12PERFORMANCE technical info

According to the codes O2 sensors are both reading lean. Have you done anything that would change the way the car get's fuel? They could be bad, but both going out at the same time is unusual. What has changed from when the car had no codes?

Jerry

The only thing I have changed is the maf wires with another set out of a 90sc. Reason I did was the old wires looked like one was craked.

Sometimes you can get that 41 code as a ghost code when messing with the IAC Valve, or other unmetered air coming in to the system. The MAF is telling the EEC that X amount of air is coming in, and the IAC is in X posisition, yet more than X amount of air is coming in and the O2 sensor is saying it is lean, so the EEC is confused.
Just a thought you might kick around.. I am chasing same code and others after HG job.

Did you get a check engine light or were the codes stored in memory and were retrieved during a KOEO test?

Just fired her up after completing a HG repair and it was running like junk. :(
Decided to pull codes and they were all in the KOER test or cylinder balance test. KOEO did not show any stored codes. Not sure but if you spliced wires on the MAF, I have heard of some people having problems with doing that on certain electronics like the knock sensor and ABS system. I guess the wires rely on certain resistance between points. By all means I am no auto electrician, but thought I'd point that out.

Check engine light is a stored code. Mine unfortunately was not running long enough to have CE light come on. Did you mess with your IAC or O2 Sensors? Or just the wires to the MAF?

Back