PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Question...

Blown_347_SC
10-08-2004, 10:13 PM
My 'FIRM RIDE' light flashes 3 times... this means that there's something wrong with my pass. side front shock right?

Any clue what could cause this? I'm not very keen on the suspension of the SCs... yet...

Thanks guys.

HoseHead
10-09-2004, 07:04 AM
347 - I have the same code on my '93 SC. Yes, it indicates a problem with the right front actuator. I've trouble shot this one down to the Automatic Tide Control (ARC) Module that's located under the parcel deck in your trunk. Depending on your factory audio option, there may be several boxes located there, with the JBL Premium Audio option, there will be two amplifiers (main and Sub) along with the ARC Module, The ARC Module is the one with two wiring harnesses that have relay assemblies attached.

Yuor first test should be to exchange the two front actuators around. See if the fault follows the actuator to the left side (four blinks instead of three) If so, replace the actuator. You can quickly test the actuators while they're off the car. Use a small jewellers flat tip screwdriver and GENTLY turn the actuator to prove it's not seized. They will turn 90 degrees in either direction. You will see and "S" and an "F" - Soft and Firm - on the bottom of each actuator.

If the actuators rotate effortlessly, try replacing the relay assemblies from a known good system one at a time - so you know which one is not working.

Failing that, the Module would be suspect. I'm down to the module, but have not located another as yet. A new one is both cost prohibitive and no longer produced if it was.

I NEED AN ARC MODULE!! Does anyone have one of these for sale????

Blown_347_SC
10-09-2004, 07:48 AM
Thanks for your help... :)

I'm pretty busy, but I'll try and take a look at it soon...

Luckily it's nothing that severe.. at least the shock works ;) lol...

Ryan A Harris
10-09-2004, 11:12 AM
I can look when I'm at my parents house the ACR module. I know I also have spare ACR acuators, if either of you need one or two of them.

EGGZ_90 _SC
10-09-2004, 11:21 AM
that happened to me a while ago all i did was take off the actuator and sprayed it with WD40 and its been workin fine ever since... i also have spare actuators and a ARC module.. if anyone needs it...

Blown_347_SC
10-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Thanks guys, I'll let you know... :)

SeanMatteson
10-09-2004, 12:32 PM
Thanks guys, I'll let you know... :)

Wes,

I've also got a spare ARC module or two, and spare actuators. You know where I live. Let me know if you need anything.

Cheers,

Sean

Blown_347_SC
10-09-2004, 12:36 PM
Wes,

I've also got a spare ARC module or two, and spare actuators. You know where I live. Let me know if you need anything.

Cheers,

Sean
Thanks as always... :)

Great forum we have here.. like no other I have seen...

:cool: