illuminated entry questions

Scour_king

My illuminated entry works but as of last night the keypad is no longer illuminated. Is there a bulb in there. Or worse is it LED's. I done an illuminated entry search in forums and on google and cant seem to find what I need. My eyes are going on me and I need that dang thing to light so I dont have to get down there like the village drunk ( I was at the bar when I noticed this problem) to try to open the dang thing. I hide my keys in the car usually to keep from loosing them.

Here is a bump for ya...I have one set of numbers on my pad that are out..So yea my guess would be that there are more than one light source.

I would not mind fixing this myself...Anyone got some exp. with this?

Brad

I'm inclined to agree with cudaz101 about there being more than one light source as some of my keys are not illuminated. I think that digging out the circuit board without damaging either it or the keypad would be very difficult. I'll try it the next time I visit the junkyard.
If there is no illumination for any of the keys, then check the black ground wire to the keypad and check for voltage at the light blue wire that runs from the keypad to the keyless entry module (I don't know if it's 12 volts or less).

Back