no start, fan on

Slysc

My SC won't start. It just cranks over and over. One weird thing I noticed is that the fan comes on when I have the key on. That's got to be some kind of a clue. Is anyone familiar with that?

Dan...
Your EEC is dead. The other possibility, if you have a chip/tuner is that it is dead or you have a poor connection between the chip and EEC. Don't ask me why I know this...ugh :rolleyes:

Does your fuel pump run continuously when the key is on? If the fuel pump runs then the EEC is either toast or you have a chip connection issue.

On a slightly different note, I had a shorted out wire under the hood which resulted in the fan on, no shift light, no CEL, and NO fuel pump. EEC was fine once I found the problem.

I haven't been able to communicate with my EEC tuner for a few months. It isn't recognized by my EEC tuner software.

I unplugged it and tryed to start the car and it starts right up and runs actually much better than it did before. It has a really nice idle.

Hmmm.. what to do? I wonder if my tuner is fried or just had a bad connection. I guess what I really need is a 4 position chip. :D

Back