Head gasket question

kenshi

I'm finally ready to put my engine together and I noticed a possible dilemma. I looked at both of the new head gaskets and they're identical. I would expect one to be a mirror image of the other. If I put them both on carbon fiber side up, one is going to have coolant holes at the front and one at the back. One will also have the label "front" at the back. Do I need to drop kick the guys at the parts store for giving me a wrong gasket?

kenshi said:
I'm finally ready to put my engine together and I noticed a possible dilemma. I looked at both of the new head gaskets and they're identical. I would expect one to be a mirror image of the other. If I put them both on carbon fiber side up, one is going to have coolant holes at the front and one at the back. One will also have the label "front" at the back. Do I need to drop kick the guys at the parts store for giving me a wrong gasket?

The gaskets are right. One goes on upside down. Make SURE the open coolant passages go to the REAR. :)

Excellent. I saw in a pic that the coolant passages went to the rear, but I couldn't imagine that one of them was supposed to be upside down. Thanks.

Back