Vacum line going inside of pass. fender to what ?

SuperCoupeSC91

i want to cap this off in the engine compartment, as i'm gutting and dont want more than i need for the car to run (correctly) but i have no idea what this 3" circle piece is that the vacum line runs to into the passangers side fender ? anyone help me out ? Thanks Alex L

well

without seeing it, id guess that it goes to the fuel tank and hooks to the canister purge selonoid-burns fuel vapor from the tank.

Charkly said:
without seeing it, id guess that it goes to the fuel tank and hooks to the canister purge selonoid-burns fuel vapor from the tank.

not sure which hose you are pulling on, but one of them goes to the vacuum reservoir that operates heater controls.... remove that and your heateer doors will change position everytime you accelerate and decelerate...the vacuum can is fed through a check valve which isolates the vacuum motors from the constant changes in manifold vacuum...

alright i'll try to explain again, it goes from a 3 connector vacum junction around the BAP and one line goes to the inner fenderwall in the passangers side, and runs to a 3" rubber/plastic ball thing thats mounted with 1 screw ? and the ball thing has no electrical connection or neither any other vacum lines going in or out ?? thats why i was going to cap it off in the engine compartment because i cant understand what the heck it would do ? i'll take a pic tomorrow, someone's gotta know what this is ??? thanks Alex L

** I looked in my Haynes manual and i didnt find anything..

Last edited:
DNA is right. The ball is a vacuum reservoir/tank for the heating and cooling vacuum operated controls.

ok thanks, i still dont understand what the ball does itself, but thats ok, i have no more heat - a/c in my car so thatline and ball is getting ripped out and capped in the engine compartment, thanks :) Alex L

ok i just ripped out my inner fender ont he drivers side, and i think it seems to be what u guys are talking about ? not sure so i will post a picture of the one i was talking about first and repost with the other one, the first one is in the passangers side inner fender and the 2nd one is in the drivers side fender. thanks Alex L

so the one in the drivers side fender is for the speedo control servo for cruise control ? and the passangers side is what ? i'll rip it out of the drivers side if thats all its there for.. thanks Alex L

SuperCoupeSC91 said:
so the one in the drivers side fender is for the speedo control servo for cruise control ? and the passangers side is what ? i'll rip it out of the drivers side if thats all its there for.. thanks Alex L

The passengers side one is for the heating and cooling controls.

i just followed one of the vacum lines from the inner fender on the drivers side and it goes to that circle 4" -5" piece and to my brake pedal, so could i just run it up the the regular vacum hose instead of to that unit ? , becasue i think thats what lifts my pedal up is the pressure from the vacum no ?

** i took out the thing in the passangers side, now i want to remove the one in the drivers side ? but not sure because one of the vacum lines that runs to my brake pedal goes to it ? so i'm wondering can i bypass that unit (4 or 5" circle thing) and run a hose from the engine compartment and run it into the car to the brake pedal or do i need that unit in the drivers side inner fender ? Thanks Alex L

"drivers side here" the servo i guess

theres a vacum that runs from the engine compartment to the servo, then it goes from the servo to the brake pedal ? can i bypass this servo ? and run it directly to the vacum piece ? also do i need the vacum circle pieces on the hose ? is this a one way valve ? :confused: i have one that runs on the hose from the enigine compartment to the servo ? is it neccesary ? Thanks Alex L

The vacuum line from the brake pedal to the servo is for the cruise control only. It doesn't lift up the brake pedal.

The vacuum supply is needed for the heating/cooling controls, the cruise control, and the vacuum brake booster (the large round thing between the firewall and the brake master cylinder). If you have the stock Teves II ABS unit (which doesn't have a vacuum booster), then I think you can cap off the vacuum supply at the engine manifold.

I was trying to say that you can cap off the vacuum supply at its source and remove all the vacuum lines.

Back