Bad Torque Converter????

HHHthegame

When your driving under minimal load, I mean minimal, the car will all the sudden shake like I'm on rumble strips or something. It doesn't do it under partial load or WOT though???? It's a 95 Auto SC w/ 54k miles on the ticker. It is a fairly modded motor too. The plugs and wire were just replaced and they are fine, and brakes and everything on that end was serviced as well... Any Thoughts are appreciated on this!!!!!! If it is a bad converter, how much and what one should I replace it with? Any Thoughts????

Boy...We have had a small rash of these things going out....

I doubt it is your TQ converter...Sounds like a typical MLPS problem.

MLPS = Manual Lever Position Sensor

It is attached to the left side of your trans. It is a simple piece to change out and goes for around $60 at 5-star ford...That is if you are a MEMBER here putting you on the discount list. If you are not a current member then get that done and the savings will more than pay for it.

Get this fixed soon though. I doubt it is easy on the trans making it act up as such.

Regards

Brad

It is a very strait forward piece to change out...Simply install it the same way the origanal one was and you are done. It is like 4 lil bolts and a elec. connector. It is located on the left sode of your trans next to the shifting mechanism/package.

The new part actually comes with some pretty good instalation information.

Brad

It needs to be correctly aligned but it has marks on it to do it. Just leave the 2 8mm bolts loose and put the trans in neutral. You will see the alignment marks.
Alan

Back