I need help with 70mm throttle body!

loadedsc

I recently bought a 70mm bbk throttle body and for some reason it seems to have the wrong linkage. It will not open all the way, in fact it barely opens at all. It seems like the spring on the throttle cable is too big. The spring is fully compressed when the throttle body is only slighty open causing it to stop opening all together. I followed all instructions and have been stumped for the last hour and a half. Please I need help, if somebody has installed one of these before and had the same problem, i would like to know how they solved it. Thankyou in advance for any help.

Does the 70 mm throttle body hook up any differently to the throttle cable than the stock one? Please help!

could it be that the part is made for 94 and up sc's and not for 89-93 sc's? Mine is a 93, im completely stumped, please help.

I dont know how much this helps but as far as I know the linkage on the tb should be the same for 89-95. Was the tb sold to you for a sc application? I had one on my 90 and swapped it over to my 94 without any problems.

its says supercoupe on the top of the throttle body itself. Also the box says its for a sc. I dont know what is the problem, but I put the original throttle body back in and it works fine, opens all the way smoothely. Any more advice would be greatly greatly apreciated.

I just got the 70mm for my car. The throttlle is a lot stiffer with the 70 but then the spring on my original was almost shot.

Back