Will this fit as shown?

darriantbird

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&category=33727&item=7927262811&rd=1&tc=photo .My aod is starting to slip going into overdrive ,it's such a slight slip you could miss it if you don't pay attention. But it's still there ,and only about 12,000 miles on a hd rebuild. so I am looking for a reliable replacement don't care about OD and I don't really care about mileage what I do care about is topend speed,what gears would you guys recommend with this set up. Iwas gonna go with 373 with the aod but with this idon't know maybe 355 what do you guys think?

It will fit fine. Just think, no more TV cable worries or OD band worries. Lighter, stronger. I don't know why more people don't use these. :confused:
I'm not sure what the best gearing would be. I would start with your stock 3.27's and see how it feels. I'm not sure if the driveshaft length will be correct.

what I do care about is topend speed
Do the math. Figure out how fast you want to go and how high your motor can rev reliably for extended periods of time. Factor in how much HP you have and gear accordingly. ;)

OR, rebuild your AOD 1 last time, Call Art Carr performance transmissions, and order their fully manual Valvebody, and have the hardest hitting, most reliable AOD you can have. They eliminate the TV, and everything runs at full pressure all the time.

I have it on my Mustang II, and with 440 # of torque, it holds the otherwise stock AOD nice and tight.

Really.........!

You really want to drive your car without O.D.? I hope all you do is alot of city driving!?! I have a 73 Ranchero as a sort of daily driver/ grocery getter and I couldn't stand putting gas in it every third day and engineered in a O.D. trans from an 81 Ford Tennessee state police car. Overdrive = GOOD, 3spd Auto=BAD. Drive your car up the highway at 75 out of O.D. and see how you like it as that's what your going to have to deal with every time you want to go two town over or out of state for a SC rally, like next year. cheers and beers Frank H. aka White Lightning and soon to be RAVEN. P.S. but then again it's your car y'all can do whatever you want with it! RIGHT!?!

Thanks for the imput guys! I have plenty of time to decide . I think this trans will hold out long enough for a little research . Same as always these cars are a pain ,but I always say well worth the trouble ,sooo a surfin I go! :rolleyes:

Back