I got more than i bargained for.

Jayls5

Well many of you have been looking at my page in the new bird owner forum.

Someone said it looks like i have a raised top. I'm assuming this just means it gets more flow. Judging by the pics, is there anything else i've overlooked about this engine? The only things he told me was:
73mm MAF, 70mm TB, intake, flowmasters, 10% overdriven supercharger, intercooler fan, shift kit

http://www.radford.edu/~jseemuell/full engine.JPG
http://www.radford.edu/~jseemuell/full engine2.JPG

Also, i don't know what half of the things are in my trunk. I know i have flywheels, 2 extra blowers, stock intake stuff, and a filter but i don't know what the rest is. Can you make it out?

http://www.radford.edu/~jseemuell/trunk full.JPG
http://www.radford.edu/~jseemuell/trunk full2.JPG

I see:
upper intake
raised SC top
stock SC top w/upper tube
fuel rail less/injectors
brake master cylinder w/accumulator
2 flywheels
trans seperator plate
Clutch
Burnt DIS on the AC mounting bracket
wiper blade
plenum
T-Stat housing w/hose
Stock 55mm MAF
Stock Air Silencer
2 blowers but the snouts have been taken off maybe for parts.

Basicly it looks like most of another under hood engine less the block and heads. There must have been an engine fire.
Good luck

vancouverBC said:
I see:
upper intake
raised SC top
stock SC top w/upper tube
fuel rail less/injectors
brake master cylinder w/accumulator
2 flywheels
trans seperator plate
Clutch
Burnt DIS on the AC mounting bracket
wiper blade
plenum
T-Stat housing w/hose
Stock 55mm MAF
Stock Air Silencer
2 blowers but the snouts have been taken off maybe for parts.

Basicly it looks like most of another under hood engine less the block and heads. There must have been an engine fire.
Good luck

I don't know but it's been rebuilt so it's the least of my worries :)

How much is the raised top worth? What kind of gains does it give? Did you look at the engine pics to see if i missed anything in there?

prices

:confused:
Jayls5 said:
I don't know but it's been rebuilt so it's the least of my worries :)

How much is the raised top worth? What kind of gains does it give? Did you look at the engine pics to see if i missed anything in there?
:confused: :confused: top 135-150.......hp 7 with mods :eek: :eek:

You already have a raised top on your engine so you may as well sell the extra 1 in the trunk.
I would be concerned about the belt on the SC because it looks chafed on the back edge.
The first black plastic hose going across the SC top/snout usually goes under the snout from the drivers valve cover to the intake between the MAF and the t-body, make sure it is connected.
Theres not must use for a used clutch pressure plate and disc unless you know the complete history, I would toss it, the silencer, DIS, and anything that looks damaged.
Then take another pic to show what else is in there.
Good luck

I made a mistake, that black box is not an air silencer, its the air filter box, open it and see if it has a longlife aftermarket panel filter like K&N. If it is made of yellow paper, you can toss the whole thing unless you want to go back to the factory setup. Good luck

Wow!
Look at that DIS module is just CHERNOBLED onto the accessory bracket! Talk about a meltdown. :eek:

What should I sell my extra raised top for? $225 + shipping sound right? I saw on supercoupe performance that it's 330 for the cheaper powder coated one.

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
The raised top in your trunk is actually the newer SCP version..Id keep that one

Ahh ok, so it's better than the one in my engine bay right now?

What's a fair price to sell the one in the engine bay for? I'm still broke after the HB and U/D pullies.

Jayls5 said:
Ahh ok, so it's better than the one in my engine bay right now?

What's a fair price to sell the one in the engine bay for? I'm still broke after the HB and U/D pullies.

can anyone answer this?

ThunderRoad said:
:) :) THOUGHT YOU SAW MY POST :eek: :eek:

You'll see it in the for sale section soon probably. I was asking which raised top was better: the one in my trunk or the one under my hood.

Damon said i should keep it and I was wondering why.

Back