aod clutch might be bad

T@Sound-Xtreme

ok, i fixed the tranny line, and still not 3rd, or drive/od. so i went up to the local shop, and there tranny guy looked at it and says that the clutch inside is bad, he says its not the sensor becasue it shifts fine from 1 to 2, now im thinking this is ganna be pricey, becasue he said the whole tranny would pretty much have to be rebuilt he said between $1500-$1800. But im wondering if it could be anything else, seeing as i dont have that much money to spend on the car, i just bought the new engine, which is installed, and running good, now something is wrong with my tranny.

whats its doing is shifting from 1 to 2 nicely, but will not shift to 3 or d/od, but when i keep the selector in D, after i get to about 50 mph, it tries to shift and goes to neutral, then once i slow down agian i can feel 2nd kick back in.

so any thoughts on this one?

Tyler

T@Sound-Xtreme said:
ok, i fixed the tranny line, and still not 3rd, or drive/od. so i went up to the local shop, and there tranny guy looked at it and says that the clutch inside is bad, he says its not the sensor becasue it shifts fine from 1 to 2, now im thinking this is ganna be pricey, becasue he said the whole tranny would pretty much have to be rebuilt he said between $1500-$1800. But im wondering if it could be anything else, seeing as i dont have that much money to spend on the car, i just bought the new engine, which is installed, and running good, now something is wrong with my tranny.

whats its doing is shifting from 1 to 2 nicely, but will not shift to 3 or d/od, but when i keep the selector in D, after i get to about 50 mph, it tries to shift and goes to neutral, then once i slow down agian i can feel 2nd kick back in.

so any thoughts on this one?

Tyler
I hope to the quote of 1500-1800 is not a stock rebuild. I had my tranny rebuilt several years ago and paid ~ 2k, that included R&R, hipo goodies and a non-lockup converter. A stock rebuild should be around 1k. Your problems sounds like the OD is gone and possibily (sp) clutches.
Good Luck
Ken

went to budget, as they quoted me the cheapest price, 900-1400 for mine rebuilt. He drove it and said that it was definitly the clutch, so now im on the hunt for one, i cant really afford to dish out that kind of cash

tyler

Back