Spongy Brakes Problem

Lugen

Hi,
I replaced my front brakes. I installed New Calipers and Rotors. All seems fine NO Lights all diagnostics fall into specs on the ABS and Brake lights. They just seem spongy. I did screw up and reused the old washers on the Banjo bolts but since then have installed 2 on each bolt and no leaks. I ave inspected the brakes to make sure the bleeder is on top. I have removed them and reinstalled them too all seems right but after 3 bleeds today I still have soft brakes. The only thing I can think of is that when I first installed the brakes most of the fluid drain out and Air got in.
I bled the fronts and rears 2 times today and yesterday once. I had the key on for both the back and front and had a friend pump the brakes 10 times on each brake then hold. I then connected a line to a glass bottle with new fluid. After a second or 2 as he held it I let the fluid shoot out for another sec or 2, then close. I epeated this 2-3 times on th e Driver Rear , P R,PF then Driver Front. Still get soft brakes. I also noticed that the pump will come on after I press the brakes a couple of times. The Antilock Light and Brake light DO NOT come on. The lights only come on for about 18-20 sec after I turn key when it has been sitting quite a while and for 3 sec after that If I shut it down then turn key on again. The AL light and brake light will come on only after I pump the brakes while on after 8-10 times.. Anyone have A clue? Am I doing the bleed procedure wrong? or is the unit Shot? Or ??
Thanks
Lee

PS
Adam GET WELL!

Beake Bleed

The manual says to start with the farthest 1 first (pass rear) and work your way to the drivers front. Also, you don't need to pump the rear but you do need the key on for them. It also says you don't need the key on for the front but you should pump them 20 to 30 times to depressurize them. You may still have some air in them and causing them to feel spongy. If need be, I'll scan a page on the bleed procrdure for you.

Please DO!
I know I didn't break anything who the hell could I ?? The 75 MM TB went on in 15 for god sakes.
Thanks
Lee

I don't thnk I depressurized it , I got a email telling me to Bleed the rears for 10 sec on each Rear Brake whilst being helad down

Wow! got a call from Disc Brakes Rus today Sunday.. I told him the story and He said "Air" Turn Key on and Bleed PR (Like you guys stated) first for at LEAST 10 SECS then again for a few sec.. Go to DR , again at least 10 Sec all this while someone is STEPPING on the brake. Seems you only have to pump it a few times not 10 like I thought,.
Go to front Key off or on Pump them a few times Hold and bleed PF the DF ..Cross your Fingers!
Lee

UPDATE!
I followed the directions ! As my wife Yes Wife Stepped on the brakes 5 sec into the REAR Bleed WHITE "CREAM" came out of te hose into the glass jar. Did it again still more came out . Stopped did the drivers side same thing . Ran out of Fluid. Put the tires on went for a spin BIG Difference!!! I'll do it agin in the morning TOO damn hot. Thanks to all who helped!
I looked at the glass jar 1/2 hour later and all was clearI assume that it was filled with air and hence the "Cream" color when it came out :)
Thanks
Lee

Last edited:
Ok Big problem was air and I did not properly install the clip on Drivers side..NEVER had better braking! I mean NEVER! All Bleed your brakes correctly and make sure the clips are on right :)
Lee

Back