Anyone Ship A TRANSmission

SilverCasket

Looking to ship a trans from Missouri to NJ. .. Anyone have a few names where I can start. I have the weight & measurements. But I have no idea who could ship something like that.

Let me know,
Anthony

Ups

SilverCasket said:
Looking to ship a trans from Missouri to NJ. .. Anyone have a few names where I can start. I have the weight & measurements. But I have no idea who could ship something like that.

Let me know,
Anthony
:) :) :) MINE CAME UPS :cool: :cool: :cool:

SilverCasket said:

Let me know,
Anthony
I've shipped a coupla 5spds via FedEx with great results. Weigh 126-128 packed.

Bolt a sheet of plywood to the bellhousing that's thick enuff to protect the input shaft. Depending on how thick of wood ya use, leave a hole/pocket for the shaft. Remove the shifter lever & tape it to the side of the trans.
Cap the tailshaft, wrap the trans with cardboard & then tape. Insure it for a gob of money and FedEx will be SURE to take good care of it.
Ship it to a "commercial/business" address and they'll accept it for FedEx Ground, cost from here in Texas up to the Great Lakes area & another to the Carolinas was $55-65.

hope this helped,

'bird

My vote is also for FedEx Ground. Very fast and the cheapest by far that I found. Make sure you use "FedEx Ground" and not Freight. It is actually a separate company from regular FedEx. John

Back