N20 causing a miss.

JasonMiller94SC

I finaly got around to installing my Zex dry kit. It seems to work fine but the car develops a small miss when it reaches about 4500 rpms in second gear so I back out of it before it shifts to see if the miss would continue. I am only running the 55hp shot to start with and I have already put in a 255lph high pressure fuel pump this past spring. If the car runs lean/rich would it cause it to miss? I know the kit is working because the first pass I made on sunday with the bottle off was a 14.7 @ 92 mph with a 2.1 60' time. The second pass with the bottle on at 800psi was also a 14.7 but part way through I had to back off the throttle so I only ran at 86mph with a 1.9 60' time. Why would it not miss in first gear and only in second?

Last edited:
Could be weak wires and/or plugs. Make sure your gap is no more than .040". But I'd put money on DANGEROUSLY lean. ;)

The plugs and wires are only 6 months old but they are gapped to the stock .52-.56 I'll try closing the gap next chance I get. I'm not sure how it could be running lean with a 255 lph pump in the tank but anything is possible.

Back