First time at track 89 5spd

fivaxis

Just got back from the first time at the track. Car is 89 5 spd, all stock, 168k miles. I managed to run 15.565 at 88mph, 2.265 60ft. Not too bad for the condition of the car. I had 3 low 16s and 3 mid 15s.

After the last run I had a lifter stick or something, I thought I lost a rod bearing cause it had a rather loud knock. Fortunately it went away after a couple minutes. I don't think I'll race it anymore.

Not too bad. If you're not planning on pulling the motor apart any time soon, you might try running a can of Marvel Mystery oil through the crankcase a few hundred miles before you plan on changing the oil.

It'll help work the gunk out of the engine and could help to prevent a lifter from sticking down the road.

Marvel Mystery Oil

Mike8675309 said:
you might try running a can of Marvel Mystery oil through the crankcase a few hundred miles before you plan on changing the oil.
That stuff is a miracle. Once I had an old car with a seized engine. Poured about 1/4" of the stuff on top of each piston. Next day the motor rolled over easy! Incredible!!!!!!

68COUGAR

Back