Where to start on removing rear drivers quarter panel??

jamesgangel

Has anyone done this themselves? I have a parts car that I have to take a quarter panel off of.

If anyone can at least guide me in the right direction let me know. The interior is already apart, etc..

Thanks,

James Gangel

James... The job is quite involved and time consuming but very doable. The panel is spot-welded around the door jam, under the body side cadding, around the wheel opening, under the tail light panel, around the trunk opening, along the rear window pinch weld, and across the roof under the trim molding. You will need several good spot-weld cutters to remove all the spot-welds and a panel separator knife. These are available at any good auto body supply store or the Eastwood Company. A wire wheel on a drill or die grinder can be used to remove the old paint and expose the spot-welds. Take your time and try to analyze how the structure was assembled before disassembling.
I hope this helps some. If you want a complete left rear 1/4 panel already removed from a car and ready to install on another car, let me know. I have one that was going to be installed on a 93 SC before the car was totaled. It is just sitting the garage looking for a new home. All of the hard work has been done already.

Bryan

Back