1990 silver 5 speed

VicW

SuperCoupe 1990, Five speed

I may have to sell my baby. She needs some care but due to one knee surgery done and two pending I will not be able to give her the care she deserves. I took it on a 200 mile trip and my knees were killing me.

This is a dark titanium 1990 five speed with high mileage (180,000). I purchased it six years ago with 115,000. The prior owner was a school teacher whose significant other worked at a Ford dealer. I was told the car blew a head gasket at 110,000 and the entire engine was replaced. It has always been completely dependable and currently runs totally strong.

I added a Magnaflow resonator, cat free. I had Flowmasters on the back and caught one on a parking block. It was no louder without the flowmaters so I had them removed. Originally the boost peaked the gauge, this bought it down to 9. I added a ¾ top on the supercharger, 10% pulley, a Ripper shifter (with chrome B&M handle), 235/60/16 Michelins. and an Optima Red battery.Never run (raced) but feels REAL strong. Mobil one only has been used in engine tranny and rear.

Then I went onto the stereo: Sony head unit with a pair of MTX amps (6 channels total). Focal separate speakers in the doors ($160) rear speakers I found on a DIY audio list. Audiobahn 10’ sub firing INTO the interior via the rear arm rest. Bass is as clean and detailed as you want, or boomy at a button. ALL THE SOUND STAYS IN THE CAR, you will not drive people crazy at traffic lights.

If “I” could drive a five speed I would: Finish installation of the poly front end bushings(included), half are installed, still a creaking noise, finish installing the other three Magnacore spark plug wires (included). I would also repaint the bumper covers after repairing a couple of small reparable cracks from being in parking lots, never in an accident.

I will be out of town and may not have e-access. Call (313) 574-3063 to see if I will have cell access.

Last edited:
Back