SC rebuild kit? where to buy?

rbart23

I need a rebuild kit as my title says. i found one on ebay for 16 but i would rather not buy it from ebay. does anyone have one for sale or know somewhere to buy one. i found a place call zz performance but they want 79 which seemed a little steep.
Thanks,
Rick

rbart23 said:
I need a rebuild kit as my title says. i found one on ebay for 16 but i would rather not buy it from ebay. does anyone have one for sale or know somewhere to buy one. i found a place call zz performance but they want 79 which seemed a little steep.
Thanks,
Rick
How much of a rebuild of the supercharger are you doing? The snout or the whole blower?

'bird

I'm not sure actually. i filled the blower with fluid and it still has a horrible grinding noise at all times. so i figured i just needed a nose rebuild? what do you guys think. all i know is that it needs to be fixed asap. any help is greatly appreciated. t
Thanks,
Rick

Hard to diagnose without bein' there, wherever you are, but maybe a fellow enthusiast could give it a listen to determine exactly what's causing the noise. Where are you located?

If you need snout parts or any other parts...
(is this against the board rules?)
brgskit7886.jpg

'bird

Wynn, how much for the little metal clip that holds the nose seal in place? Mine wouldn't come out, and had to be delt with "extreme prejudice". Needless to say, it's no longer springy, and no longer in a horseshoe shape.

Thunderbird84 said:
Wynn, how much for the little metal clip that holds the nose seal in place? Mine wouldn't come out, and had to be delt with "extreme prejudice". Needless to say, it's no longer springy, and no longer in a horseshoe shape.
How about an internal snap ring? I have 2 snouts that let their clips wonder off so that's what I'm gonna use.
At that diameter, there's a tiny possibilty that whatever is available to you locally might be just a little thicker than whatcha need but you could sand it thinner to fit the groove. Shouldn't be nuthin' to it or a stepper like you bro!

'bird

Tbird88 I sent you a PM about a coupler. I went and sent you the money through paypal. Please get back with me.

Thanks
Jerry

tbird88 said:
How about an internal snap ring? I have 2 snouts that let their clips wonder off so that's what I'm gonna use.
At that diameter, there's a tiny possibilty that whatever is available to you locally might be just a little thicker than whatcha need but you could sand it thinner to fit the groove. Shouldn't be nuthin' to it or a stepper like you bro!

'bird

Actually, I removed the spare supercharger this morning and stole the snap ring from it. It actually came off without any protest. I'll keep the above in mind, if I ever have to go down this road again.

Back