Installing roller rockers

SCme

Have a question about installing a set. I purchased a set of 1.73 SVO RR for a 351C and am wanting to install them before the motor goes back into the car with in the next week, if it stops raining...

Is there anything special needed like different push rods?

Maybe

SCme said:
I purchased a set of 1.73 SVO RR for a 351C, Is there anything special needed like different push rods?
Depends on the style of rockers you got. Some take Ball / Cup push rods, some take Ball / Ball push rods. Also there are different size rocker studs (3/8", 7/16", 1/2"). The length from the center of the fulcrum to the center of the roller tip may be different also.

What's the P/N of the rockers you bought?

68COUGAR

Last edited:
not sure, I purchased them from a guy on here. I will look on them to get a number or see if I can find a number off the web. They are SVO 1.73 for the 351C if anyone knows off hand. I think this is the part #6564-C351

Last edited:
Well, done some more searching... I know I need new metric hardware to mount them with, knew that from the beginning.

I think I need to snug the bolts till the adjustable pushrod will not turn and then do about 3/4 more turn. Remove and measure the pushrod and add 30 thousand for my mine and 60 thousand for my max preload? Then either purchase new pushrods or shims if its not that much? That about right?

I remember seeing a post with what new metric bolts I need to make them fit, does anyone have that post saved or know what they are?
Should have noted, they are going on a stock cam right now.

Last edited:
Back