89 ABS brake ASSY needed

Aminor_Accident said:
Looking for a complete ABS Master cylinder and booster for 89 sc prefer used and rebuilt but will look over what ya got thanks

I got one I took off my car, it is off an 89. It worked fine except when you hit the brake pedal, the ABS/BRAKE LAMP came on for a split second then went off. Bad Acculmator possibly? Maybe a bad ABS relay, I replaced both at same time, so I dont know, but car stopped fine with no issues, just the split second light coming on then off. Make me an offer if interested.

unclenick said:
I got one I took off my car, it is off an 89. It worked fine except when you hit the brake pedal, the ABS/BRAKE LAMP came on for a split second then went off. Bad Acculmator possibly? Maybe a bad ABS relay, I replaced both at same time, so I dont know, but car stopped fine with no issues, just the split second light coming on then off. Make me an offer if interested.

Ok, I have that same problem (w/ the lights coming on for a split sec, etc.) Did you actually get it fixed? If so, what all did you change? I was gonna buy an ABS computer, but if you know something I don't, please let me know!

P.S. Sorry to hijack the thread!
P.P.S. Check Car-parts.com :D

MN12owner & Aminor_Accident

MN12owner said:
Ok, I have that same problem (w/ the lights coming on for a split sec, etc.) Did you actually get it fixed? If so, what all did you change? I was gonna buy an ABS computer, but if you know something I don't, please let me know!

P.S. Sorry to hijack the thread!
P.P.S. Check Car-parts.com :D

If your ABS and BRAKE warning indicators flash, you probably don't need a complete ABS unit. All you need is a new accumulator. Contact Prior Remanufacturing www.priorreman.com and order an accumulator for a Teves Mark II ABS. This costs around $100 (US). If you need a complete system, they can handle that as well (less than $500.00, which is much better than the $1800 that Ford wants, if they can even find one).

Do a search on this BBS for "Teves Mark II" and you will find all kinds of installation and troubleshooting info.....

LJGriggs said:
If your ABS and BRAKE warning indicators flash, you probably don't need a complete ABS unit. All you need is a new accumulator. Contact Prior Remanufacturing www.priorreman.com and order an accumulator for a Teves Mark II ABS. This costs around $100 (US). If you need a complete system, they can handle that as well (less than $500.00, which is much better than the $1800 that Ford wants, if they can even find one).

Do a search on this BBS for "Teves Mark II" and you will find all kinds of installation and troubleshooting info.....

Thanks...about 5 mins after I posted that I did do a search and found what I needed...And to think I have been on TCCOA for yrs and am well aware of the search feature...DOH!!!

Brake Blues

unclenick said:
Ya sounds like the same problem i had i would hit the brake the light would come on then stop went that way for say 6 months all seemed fine till i was in rush hour traffic and hit the brake only to find it wasnt stoping the car no more i took it to a dealer the checked the system said i need the complete abs assy a shocking $2400 for parts and labor and it has been sitting ever since till i fix the problem it aint leaving the driveway i thought if the abs would go out you would still have a back up like a fail safe system NOT NOW i know by experience ive seen those on ebay but im scared there might be somthing wrong with it so im on the hunt i also called pior reman theysaid around $700 without the core charge also thanks for the posts

Aminor_Accident said:
Ya sounds like the same problem i had i would hit the brake the light would come on then stop went that way for say 6 months all seemed fine till i was in rush hour traffic and hit the brake only to find it wasnt stoping the car no more i took it to a dealer the checked the system said i need the complete abs assy a shocking $2400 for parts and labor and it has been sitting ever since till i fix the problem it aint leaving the driveway i thought if the abs would go out you would still have a back up like a fail safe system NOT NOW i know by experience ive seen those on ebay but im scared there might be somthing wrong with it so im on the hunt i also called pior reman theysaid around $700 without the core charge also thanks for the posts

I was told all it needed was a new accumulator, but I had already ordered the ABS relay and the whole unit. Since I am planning on keeping the car, I spent the money. If you want the unit, $80 + shipping and it is yours.

unclenick said:
I was told all it needed was a new accumulator, but I had already ordered the ABS relay and the whole unit. Since I am planning on keeping the car, I spent the money. If you want the unit, $80 + shipping and it is yours.
Got any pics of the items? and im interested :)

hey i got a what you need off my 35th anni i want 150 for both tha master and the booster ok plus shipping i will check on it as well let me know 602 740 5528

Back