New guy on the block

John_Mason

Good Afternoon all
I have a couple of questions. I just purchased my 93 sc about 2 weeks ago. The car is in decent shape but need a lot of TLC. Now for the question: How often should you change the supercharger oil? I am sure that there are more opinions than a shirt size’s out there, what I am looking for is a general rule of the thumb. The next item is the oil is there is a particular type and or brand name of the oil and where it can be purchased.
Next question is there a particular company that specializes in bushing and “good “front end parts. I can always buy from Ford; however, I would like a little better stuff than that.
I have many more but one thing at a time
Thanks in Advance
JAM

As for the oil, you can buy the GM supercharger oil at a GM dealer. It's the same as the oil Ford uses and a lot cheaper.

Where are you located at?

DMR

Just incase you haven't noticed yet, used supercharger oil stinks like nothing else. It takes many days for the stench to go away, even more so if you spill it on the garage floor, or if you have opened up a supercharger or two and have them sitting on your workbench.

Good luck. :D

Back