Help!!

darriantbird

Can any of you guys donate an old harmonic balancer,I have been putting old ones on just to get by and I have broken 5 of them so far It always hitts me when I am already down! I have been trying to get enough extra money together to buy a BHJ but I have a family that comes 1st . If anyone can help I will send money via paypal for shipping!! :( :(

are you going to ask for a new crankshaft when you break it? You're getting lucky your not doing any other damage. My Old one got junked when I put the BHJ in.

I don't have one, but I will say Ed is right about breaking something other than just a used HB. 5 should give you some insight to how they truly aren't reuseable. Unless you plan on taking off the HB again, or driving another 100k on it, just get a ford unit as they are a bit cheaper, $200 I think is the cheapest. I understand the family thing, but you got to have reliable transpo for them right? I am a single parent and $200 is a lot of money for me when my daughter's mom don't pay nothing but half of daycare (and even that is sometimes) :rolleyes: and I WANTED a BHJ, but a Ford unit was all I could barely afford. I wouldn't want to break down with the kid in the middle of nowhere because of a used damper, but I understand being desperate at times to get it running.
Maybe someone has a used BHJ that will be cheaper than a new Ford unit??

No guys I am not looking for a permenent replacement with a used unit ,I origanally wanted to get a BHJ at the end of this month but 170 dollar tow took care of that I just need about 30 more days to get the money up again so I can get one and install it properly. I am just asking if anyone can help me out with a temp fix as This is my only car to get around in for grocerys and stuff like that .I was not beating the car at all .I know that reusing an old balancer is touchy.

Jake, if you buy from the Stealer then that sounds about right. Try to find someone on here that can get them at a discount without that 200% markup. Fines Ford?? advertises atop the forums in the ad box. Look for it and see what they charge.

Darrian, try the "parts for sale" forums as nobody in their RIGHT mind is going to SELL a used dampner, you'd think they can just give you one and you pay shipping and that should get you by for a month, hopefully...

Yeah I just sent Manny SC a message in his thread I have witnessed his generousity in this club I hope he can help out!

Back