New Time At The Grove!!

tim

Went to the grove today and raced the ricers. It was funbecause I turned the fastest time I have turned so far. RT. .109, 60 foot time was 1.98 ET. was 13.804. Thats my best so far. Cool weather bigger intercooler and a little weight out. Next target is 13.50 by spring.

Nice time Tim, what was the weather like and is that 60 foot on street tires or drag radials. Also a short list of mods, thanks.

Jake said:
Nice time Tim, what was the weather like and is that 60 foot on street tires or drag radials. Also a short list of mods, thanks.

Haha! Tim does not have a short list of mods. Or is his car bone stock? A blind person could never tell.

Sorry guys, just had to.

Oh, and he's got some stickies on there. :D

Jake I run drag radials. Like Dave said I dont have a short list of mods. The good new is that now it turns the radials at 30 lbs just a tad. Should have put a little more air in the front tires, may 45 lbs. next time.

I was only asking b/c there is nothing in your members page and was updated in mid aug. I'm hoping for high 13's and wanted to see what you had done.

I have so much done to this car its a joke. I would be easier to say what I dont have. At the begining of the year it ran. 16.00 with the same mods. now it runs 13.84. A lot of it was getting a good intercooler, fan and tires. Pulling off the air made a big differance too.

great job Tim

Could not make it today, but like I posted eleswhere, I am looking at mid week if they do a test&tune night. There were looking at wed. but lets see if that works out with the weather and other things.
So how was it with all that rice?? did you get to beat up on some??? are your ears still going "ring,ding,ding" or has that stopped???....Rich

Jake said:
I was only asking b/c there is nothing in your members page and was updated in mid aug. I'm hoping for high 13's and wanted to see what you had done.

Tim's car has heads/cam and exhaust. That's about it really. No nitrous (at least not anymore! LOL).

Tim Glad to hear you were finally able to break the 13.second
SC soundbarrier.

TIM and my Neighbor,both told me Tim's car was stock. :confused:

Randy

Last edited:
Randy as we both know my car is stock. Thanks a lot its been a while comming. Rich you would have laughed. When I first got there they were giving me the bad eye. After a couple of runs and a couple of fried ricers that changed. Cant wait to get some more stuff done this winter. !3.50 dont seem to far away now. I wonder If a 10% pulley would do it?

Tim,

Congrats on getting that 13 second timeslip....I know how frustrating it's been for you this past year and I'm glad you didn't give up on the car.

David

tim said:
Went to the grove today and raced the ricers. It was funbecause I turned the fastest time I have turned so far. RT. .109, 60 foot time was 1.98 ET. was 13.804. Thats my best so far. Cool weather bigger intercooler and a little weight out. Next target is 13.50 by spring.

congrats to hit 13s. I did samething 3 weeks ago.I couldn't make it this time but should be out there before the track closes this year.I also have same target as you do.

All I can say is thanks to all the guys that have been true friends since I got the car running. You guys know who you are. A little at a time my next goal for spring is 13.50. Manual steering box reroute the bottom IC tube and an electric water pump. And a 4:10 gear and a higher stall converter and a better blower and nitrous. Maybe David will upgrade to one of Daves setups so I can buy his. :)

Maybe David will upgrade to one of Daves setups so I can buy his.

Tim,

As much as I would like one of those 1.7 ARs, I'm not going to be able to do any more go fast mods on the 91 until I get done with the turbo car. That may take another year.

David

I cant wait to see what the turbo car does. Its going to be awesome. A 10 second car and a 11 second car. too cool!

Congrats Tim

Good job. You were so close to the 13's last time I saw you at the track. Maybe we can meet up next year at Da Grove. Hopefully mine will be running by then. :)

Scott

Scott, I am sure that not only will it be running but that it will be faster than ever. Next year my car may not even be streetable. I have been enjoying the racing so much that I may gut this thing out and go all out.

tim said:
I cant wait to see what the turbo car does. Its going to be awesome. A 10 second car and a 11 second car. too cool!
I'll be surprised if Dave's turbo bird "only" runs 10's. :)

Back