parked up car no start

dkmst23

I parked up my car for a couple months. The battery died. I charged the battery and tried to start it nothing happened. I had to disconnect the fan because it is always on and for some reason my brakes are locked up. I tried to get the computer codes but the code reader just beeps what can be done to see if the computer is the problem

Thank you
David

Last edited:
Well you had something to slowly drain your battery over the time period. Get a jump and hopefully your battery will recharge.

Signs of a weak alternator would be dimming headlights when other accessories are turned on. My friend's headlights dim when he hits the brakes because the alternator is barely supplying enough amperage to keep the battery charged.

If you have a fan (or anything else) that's on continuously, even when off, that's a problem. Buy a simple switch in the automotive section of walmart and you can turn it on/off from within the car when you want to leave it for long periods.

I charged battery

I charge the battery The car tries to start but nothing happens And when I use the code reader I don't get any response from the computer

Also what front ends will fit a 89 Xr-7 I was thinking about putting a 90 front end on

Back