popping sound from rear when making left turns??

bigcletus94

I can feel the pop as well as hear it. Sounds like the left of center in the rear. It only pops once during a left turn or going over a speed bump. Could it be the IRS bushings? It is very annoying!! Feels like something is going to snap loose.

Last edited:
shaft+

It could be your rear CV shaft going bad...they tend to click before they go...reach under there and see if you can move the shaft in and out by hand. If there is play, it could be bad. Also could be wheel bearing.

aaron

START MAKING MORE RIGHT TURNS THEN :p ;) :D jk it sounds like the same problem im having and it only happens to me on left turns also....my mechanic told me that it was a wheel bearing going bad and he said it wont be cheap to fix :eek: :( :mad: .....easy way to check that is to get the car in the air and grab the top of the tire and the bottom and push or pull opposite ways on the wheel(if that make any sense :) ) and it will make the same noise you here when your turning.....hope that helps :cool:

Yeah, wheel bearings on rear ends suck to replace. Good luck, cletus!
Hock, depending on the posi, there might've been a good reason for that -- recent GM posis are rachet, not limited-slip.

might want to check your sway bar endlinks arent broken. i broke my left one and the car would make that same sound you're talking about, but when i made a right turn. the lower control arm would hit the end of it i guess. i took it off and no more noise.

Vyk said:
Yeah, wheel bearings on rear ends suck to replace. Good luck, cletus!
Hock, depending on the posi, there might've been a good reason for that -- recent GM posis are rachet, not limited-slip.

You know, I was thinking about that last night after I logged off and if I recall right it was a rachet style that we put in it. Oh well. :cool:

Back