stock therm

scfix92

what is the stock thermastat rating if you run any extra boost should you go with a 180 degrees therm.

stock is 194-197 and just putting in a 180 will not help the car run any cooler, you must lower the temperature when the fans turn on which is over 200 degress.

mint93SC said:
stock is 194-197 and just putting in a 180 will not help the car run any cooler, you must lower the temperature when the fans turn on which is over 200 degress.
I have a 3300 cfm fan that I run constantly when I drive. Any Ideas

The best thing to do....

The best thing to do is run a 180 degree thermostat in the car. The cars will heat up faster under boost. The thermostat will allow the car to cool below the 195 mark at which the thermostat STARTS to open.

Do not go with a 10% pulley unless you have exhaust to go with it, and if it is an 94 or 95 car, no more than 5% since the stock 94-95 pulley is a 5% underdrive, this will give you 15% overdrive on the 94-95 blowers and no increase in power above 4000 rpm since the car will start to knock and pull timing.

This is not good for the motor.

I suggest a stock 89-93 pulley or 5% MAXIMUM!!!!

Any questions, feel free to call me at (973) 277-4294

Good Luck,

Don

lube70 said:
The best thing to do is run a 180 degree thermostat in the car. The cars will heat up faster under boost. The thermostat will allow the car to cool below the 195 mark at which the thermostat STARTS to open.

Do not go with a 10% pulley unless you have exhaust to go with it, and if it is an 94 or 95 car, no more than 5% since the stock 94-95 pulley is a 5% underdrive, this will give you 15% overdrive on the 94-95 blowers and no increase in power above 4000 rpm since the car will start to knock and pull timing.

This is not good for the motor.

I suggest a stock 89-93 pulley or 5% MAXIMUM!!!!

Any questions, feel free to call me at (973) 277-4294

Good Luck,

Don

so you can never put a 10% pulley on this car also. I thought you needed head work and a chip for the pulleys along with the exhaust. I just did a head job on my 94 I dont want it blowing cause honestly my 94 is a daily driver. Also I am need ind a dis soon will the dis from a 3.8 mustang work on our cars
or will it not seeing as though they are not boosted. I guy I bought alot of sc parts from only has the dis from a mustang.

Back